The root process of Google Nexus 6 on Android 6.0.1 [MOB30M Firmware] is available here. Now you can root Nexus 6 on the said firmware “MOB30M” using this guide. The users who have updated their device to this latest version of Android 6.0.1 can find this guide very effective. Although the process is completely unofficial and the device warranty gets void, still almost all the advanced users prefer to root their devices. The main reason of root is, to get admin rights and customize the device for better performance. After rooting users can make lots of custom operation like flash third party apps, install custom ROMs, and overclock/ underclock the processor etc. Here you can find the detailed pros and cons of root access on any android device.
The process might wipe all the existing data on the device, so backup the existing contents before starting root process. Here is everything you need, we will guide you step by step to Root Nexus 6 on Android 6.0.1 [MOB30M Firmware]. However, you should have to install TWRP recovery installed on Nexus 6. Then download SuperSU from chainfire’s home page and then flash it via TWRP recovery. Follow the guide correctly for fruitful results, don’t miss any step.
Note: This guide and tool can be used only to Root Nexus 6 on Android 6.0.1 [MOB30M Firmware]. Don’t try on any other device or firmware version. Otherwise, you may brick your device. Also, proceed only at your own risk, we are not responsible for any mishap.
- Perform a comprehensive backup for your all-important contents before rooting process.
- The device battery should have more than 70% charge.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Nexus 6, go to Settings> Developer options.
- Install Google USB driver at your system for seamless connectivity. Download Link
- Install TWRP recovery on Nexus 6. Download Link | Installation guide.
- Download SuperSU root tool for Nexus 6. Download Link
Steps to Root Nexus 6 on the Android 6.0.1 [MOB30M] Firmware.
- If you have followed preps section and TWRP is installed, then go ahead and follow the steps.
- Also, you have downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the link above.
- Then connect the Nexus 6 to PC and move the SuperSU ZIP file to device memory top level folder.
- Now boot Nexus in recovery mode, via buttons combination or ADB command.
- At the recovery TWRP screen tap Install. → Select SuperSU zip. → Swipe to confirm and flash.
- Finally, go back and tap Reboot to boot the system normally.
So that’s how to Root Nexus 6 on the Android 6.0.1 [MOB30M] firmware. If you have any query do contact us, leave your comments.