Here is the latest and till date updated AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Xperia Z3. The latest Android Firmware Android Nougat officially released for the Google Nexus selected devices Nexus6, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X Pixel C etc., we have also provided the manual update guide for those devices. However, the unofficial ROMs for Non-Nexus devices have also been started by XDA developers. In this post, we have provided you the AOSP based Unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat ROM to update Xperia Z3, posted by XDA senior developer aclegg2011.
This is unofficial ROM and is an initial release that will have a number of issues. All these bugs will be fixed in upcoming builds of the ROM. Still, this will stretch all the Android 7.0 Nougat fun and features on your Xperia Z3. If you want to Update Xperia Z3 to AOSP Unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat then follow this entire tutorial.
Note that: We have prepared this tutorial only to Update Xperia Z3 to AOSP Unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware. Never use for any other device otherwise, it may brick your device. Also, proceed at your own risk.
- We recommend performing a complete backup for all your important data before flashing any ROM.
- Sufficient battery charge at device battery, we recommend at least 80%.
- This is unofficial and initial build for Xperia Z3, you might face a number of bugs.
- Install Sony USB driver or Sony PC Companion at the PC. [Download Link]
- Xperia Z3 should have TWRP recovery installed. [Easy guide]
SIM Data, Screen malfunctions, Camera issues.
Download Xperia Z3 AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat
Download Link- [Download]
Also, Download Android 7.0 Gapps For Xperia Z3. [Download]
Step to Update Xperia Z3 to AOSP Unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
- Download both the ROM and Gapps files from the given links at the PC.
- Now connect Xperia Z3 to PC via USB cable and then move the downloaded ROM and Gapps zip file into device external memory.
- Once copying gets finished, unplug and turn off the device.
- Now boot Xperia Z3 into recovery mode, via press and hold the VOL-Down+ POWER keys at a time for a few seconds.
- At the TWRP recovery first take a Nandroid backup for the existing ROM to ensure safe roll back.
- Now perform Wipe at recovery main menu, tap Wipe. >> Then Advance Wipe.>> and select Wipe cache, system, Dalvik and data, then Swipe to confirm.
- Then tap “Install” >> navigate to ROM zip and select >> Then Swipe to confirm the install.
- Re-tap Install option and this time select the Gapps zip file, do Swipe to flash.
- After both files installation, re-perform Wipe but select wipe cache and Dalvik
- Finally, tap reboot to boot normally Xperia Z3 running Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP firmware.
That’s how to download and Update Xperia Z3 to AOSP Unofficial Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP Firmware.